Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cycle 13 ANTM Audition = Chaos


March 14th 2009.This was the craziest experience ever. I arrived at park central around 3am and at that time there was no direction on where the line started or ended. I proceeded to go in line where it seemed to be the end, but no I was bombarded by girls acting so catty. So I proceeded to 55Th street. So then I decided to set up my spot. I had my back pack and blanket and I was all set. After hours of feeling homeless on the New York City streets a security guard decided it was a good idea to open the revolving door around 7:30 am. After that move, it was chaos. All I seen were girls running towards the doors, So I was like OK let me run, too. People were in outrage knowing that people that just arrived were taking there spots in front of them. As I arrived in front of the door. I was bombarded by girls all around me. Being pushed and shoved left from right. Imagine not being able to breathe or feel ya legs because their turning numb. At that moment there were still no security and things were getting out of hand. Also, people were in the streets and people in their cars were trying to pull out their parking spots. But not able to because so many people were not moving.
So it's now around 8am and it is even worse. More people were arriving and shoving to get in front of the entrance. At this point, NYPD started to arrive. Even though people felt this chaos was going to end. The NYPD just stood there like bystanders. At this moment I was so mad. Some people couldn't take it anymore so left. I felt that was so sad because i remember one girl saying that she was here since 11pm and she just gave up because others were endangering her well being. It wasn't fair. Tensions escalated when two guys started to fight because one guy threw a pillow in his face. Also one lady proceeded to jump a car and started to swear on top of her lungs repeating "Back The F' Up". I was shocked. People started to say that this could of been prevented if they had security in the first place. I agreed. After being in a crazy line for about 5 hours I finally managed to go inside to audition. Many girls were so angry at that moment. Our audition was about a half a second because of all the chaos outside. NYPD threatened to shut it down numerous of times. So they had to rush the audition. As she read back the numbers she picked I didn't hear my mines. It was over, I was not Americas Next Top Model. All I thought was all of this for nothing. But, Hey at least I tried.


Here's an article from Fox
Six Hurt At America's Next Top Model Audition

Six women have been hurt in a "stampede" outside an audition for hit TV show America's Next Top Model.Chaos erupted in the street as thousands of hopefuls waited in line in New York.Two women and a man have been arrested on charges of inciting to riot and disorderly conduct, a police official said.Panic spread after a car belching smoke pulled up alongside the queue and someone shouted "fire", according to local media reports.A man then allegedly leapt from a car and began grabbing at the hopefuls' bags.Some of the women had waited all night to audition for the show, which is presented by former supermodel Tyra Banks.Six received medical treatment after feeling faint. It is believed two were taken to hospital.Some of the women fled in the panic, leaving the street littered with clothes, shoes, sleeping bags and chairs.Police called a halt to the audition which was being held in a Manhattan hotel.But the rest were furious the audition had been axed and refused to leave.Modelling hopeful Jessica Paravati told Fox News: "Everyone is really angry, it's not fair. We're all still standing here."It makes absolutely no sense. No one came out here and explained anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment